Monday, November 7, 2011

Arizona.


 A visit to GRANDMA CORTNEYS!

Well this weekend Rydge and I loaded up the car, and drove 8 hours to Peoria, AZ to meet up with my mom, Mary and little sister Alivia to see my "Grandma far away" as I always called her growing up. But, its my Grandma Cortney! 

We got there Thursday evening, and thanks to Twilight on Audio (CD), me trying to occupy Rydge, and pay attention to directions the drive went by pretty fast. It wasnt as bad of a drive as I thought it would be!
So not used to looking at Cacti my whole drive!

Rydgey entertaining me with animal cookies! lol.. he loved his treats!
Friday morning we got up, and went to see my Grandma! When we walked through the door, she was SO excited!!!! Her exact words were "this is hard on the heart." she had NO idea we were coming!!! She has Alzheimer's, and she doesn't have any short memory. So when we were visiting with her, she would always ask us the same questions! BUT! She looks great, and seems to be doing well.. 
A. Alivia reading stories to Rydgey

Rydge was looking at us wondering WHAT we were doing.. And Alivia was talking to him.

My Grandma Far Away..(Grandma Cortney)

While we were there helping my Grandma with Groceries, Laundry and such my sister and mom wanted to throw Rydge an "Un birthday party" since they werent going to be here for his actual birthday!!! IT was the cutest thing every!!! Alivia was SOO excited, and had it all planned! They brought hats, plates, a little cake, table cloth, PRESENTS! Oh this little boy is so spoiled!!! 



Funny story, as we were all singing happy birthday to him, he reached for the cake, and the candle was lit! We all JUMPED and yelled NO! Alivia grabbed his hand out of the way.. and I think we ALL scared the day lights out of him, he started crying :(.. it was so sad. We didnt want him to burn his finger. But, Alivia feed him cake and he was happy after that!!! He Got so spoiled too, Snow clothes :), toys and more toys!

We also went and fed the ducks. I remember when I was younger my parents took me and Alisha to fee the ducks, and I asked my mom about it, so we decided to drive down and see if they still had ducks! They did.. a little bit. There were signs everywhere saying NO FEEDING DUCKS! So, we had to keep it on the DL and we only fed them a little bit. Rydge caught on fast.. he would throw a piece of bread to the ducks, then he thought he needed a piece so he would eat a piece, then throw another one to the ducks! It was so cute!!! 
He had so much fun

See the bread! Haha!

The sun was very bright!!


It was a fun trip.. and ended to fast! It was great to see my mom, and sister.. and grandma!!! 
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
I just might be going back in March!!! Maybe theyll throw me a birthday party! haha.. 


1 comment: