Monday, October 17, 2011

Pine Nut Picking! ..w/ Extras!

Well, I was just gonna do little post of each thing.. then decided it would be better to do one BIG post! So.. Here goes!
Grandpa Thomas got his deer!!! Yes, a wee bit one, BUT! I would of shot em too!!! My dad just HAD to show it off to Rydge! It was so cute! 
I absolutly LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture!!! Rydge pushed the book over to Grandpa and wanted him to read it!!! And he sat there for about 3 minutes and just enjoyed it!! 




Yesterday we loaded up and went and picked Pine Nuts with our friends the Streets! They have 2 kids! Anyway, we drove out to the peaks and found a couple spots. The only crappy part was we didnt find the JACKPOT of areas to pick.. We didnt even get a bucket full :(. But, the drive was nice, and once we got to the peacks it was really pretty. And the ones we did find we ate!!! I think Ill be buying some this year. I wonder if Pine nuts have good years and bad. 2 years ago at elk camp I picked SOO many it was crazy!!! ANd last year, there was none, maybe a couple here and there. This year, wasnt to hot either?? We may have just been to late, and should of gone out a couple weeks earlier?? Anyway it was a fun day, and Rydge had a blast playing in the dirt, practicing his walking!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment