Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Apples!

APpLeS!!! ApPlEs!!!! ApPlEs!!!!! 
Phew! All day yesterday I peeled, and peeled, and peeled more APPLES!!!! My grandparents brought me some from General Steam! Anyway, I dried the first batch of apples I cut, thinking to myself awesome this will go by so fast! Uh, NO! I was wrong. The apples were pretty yucky, so I had to cut around all the worm holes, and gunky parts, which took me even longer than just peeling and cutting. (I shouldnt complain because the apples were free) Thankfully my Grandpa showed up and helped me.. which went by a little bit faster. And by the way, trying to cut up apples with a little boy wanting to "help" makes the process a little slower! Well I got ALL the apples cut, and put into jars. 
I made 12 JARS OF Apple Pie filling!!!!!!!! The pie filling is pretty easy to. 
Anyway, along with a messy kitchen, a crazy little boy, dishes gallor, trying to make dinner between all of this, ran out of sugar for my 2nd batch of apples, running to the store, getting all the bottling finished, the kitchen clean, rydge to bed, dishes done, floors mopped (they were SO sticky) and the living room picked up I was EXHAUSTED!!!! The hubby did help a little bit with Rydge when he got  home, probably because the kitchen looked so chaotic to him, he knew what it must of looked like to me! HA! Anyway, I am pretty proud of myself for botteling the apple fie filling by myself!!! Now.. I need to make a pie and test it out :)!!! 
I didnt realize I should of packed the apples good in there.. so there is EXTRA filling.. Which is fine, its pretty delic!
If your interested in the Pie filling Recipe look on lovelylittlesnippets.blogspot.com 
(shell post it sometime this week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment