Thursday, March 18, 2010

LuCk of the IriSh*

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!!!!! ( Yesterday)

For some reason this year I was SOOO excited for St.P Day! I started the day off with putting the Corn beef in the crock pot, putting on my festive shirt I bought at Wally world for 4 bucks :) Yes, brent got one too.. ha! And My cute on sale flip flops that I got from old navy, went to work, lunch with some great friends. When I got home, the Corn beef smelt wonderful, I get a pot of water and put it on the stove to start boiling maybe about 15 min later Brent, Me and our friend Julene were in the dining room and there was smoke coming out of the kitchen we look up and I HAVE FLAMES coming out of my burner.. YES, my KITCHEN STOVE WAS ON FIRE!!!! FREAK me OUT.. All 3 of us jump up and were running around like maniacs, finally Ju gets a cup of water and dumps it on the burner.. (Hello, why didnt I think of that???) haha!! We had to open all the windows and doors, it was LITERALLY a SmoKe factory in the house.. Once everyone started coming over the smoke had some what dissapeared but everyone who came in was like " Oh we know Tash has been cooking" And it is pretty sad that when people think of me cooking there is danger upon us!! And really Im not THAT bad of a cook ( My chilli kicks ARSS!!!) Maybe it is a good thing we live RIGHT next door to the FIRE station!!! Im blaming it on how OLD my poor poor house is!!!!! Anyway, Everyone came over in there festive shirts as well, and we ate and ate and ate till we were full!!!! My dessert was a big hit to!! (OreOs, Mint ChoCo Chip Ice CrEam, Cool WhiP and CarMal DrizzEled on Top)

It was a nice evening, and we had a blast! Even though my Stove was on fire...I was just glad the main part of my Irish dinner turned out great!!! The Tradition of the Corn beef and Cabbage dinner has started!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ah the fire just made for even more memories right?! :) And if needed I am sure the Fire Dept. response time would have beat records!! Sounds like you had a great St. Patricks Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious...wish i would have seen that! Good times all around

    ReplyDelete