Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Whitney.

This poor Girl, has been through SO much this last month in a half..
This is RIGHT after she got home, she started at 110 pounds and dropped to 85 because she couldnt keep anything down :(
It all started with a head cold, a bad head cold. She went into the doctor and they gave her some antibotics, well a week later it is WORSE, so my mom took her into the E.R. I get a phone call telling me Whit is getting life flighted to Primary Childerns up in Salt Lake in an hour?? What... I hurry down to St. George, a mess.. I have been bawling my eyes out, sick to my stomach not knowing what is going on. I get to the hospital, and I get to the E.R and there she is.. this LITTLE tiny person (who looks so misserable) all I could do was cry, and hug her some more, apparently they took her in for a CAT Scan, and she had such a bad sinus infection that the fluid was in her brain and spreading fast.. About 20 min after I get there, they take off. At this point I am freaking out, not knowing what is going on! My mom calls me the next day, and tells me Whit went in for an MRI and they couldnt wait any longer for surgery, They had to go into her brain and drain out the fluid, and they went up into her nose and had to drain the pockets out of her nose. After about 5 hours of surgery :(, my mom calls me and tells me everything went really well, and she is very swollen and resting. When I saw swollen, the picture my Grandma sent me was a little scary. You couldnt even see her eyes.
A couple days pass, and she is doing great, very coherant, talkative, spunky! It was great... When everything turned again for the worse. My mom called me Friday early morning, which she never did so I knew something bad happened... Whit had a seizure Thursday late night, she didnt know who anyone was, she couldnt move, she looked right through you, it was like she wasnt even there. (My moms description scared me..) Anyway They took her in for another MRI Friday morning, and some more fliud had gotten into her brain which caused the seizure. They had to go in for an emergency surgery and open her brain again, and behold there was a pocket full of fluid that they had to drain. She had a great surgery, and everything went well.
Saturday early morning I headed up to SLC to visit. When I got there they were still in ICU and she was doing good, everything was looking great, she was resting! I felt SO bad for her, I just wanted to pick her up and hold her.. let her know everything was going to be ok. A few hours later, she was moved onto the floor, out of ICU.. YAY.. And she was on the road to recovery! Sunday I went back to her room, and just over night she looked AmAziNG!! All the swelling in her face was gone. She was eating, craving McDonald french Fries!!! She was sitting up, talking! Oh, it was such a great thing to see that moring!! I left for home that late afternoon, when my mom called and said that Whit gets to come home later that week if everything stays looking up! Well,, IT DID!!! She was home by the end of the week, a home nurse came in that first week they were there to show my mom how to work the meds, and check up on everything. This Monday she went in for a MRI and everything was looking fabulouse, the antibiotics are working, and she is getting her stitches out as we speak.
She will head to SLC next week for a complete check up on everything! And hopefully she will be able to get the IV out of her arm, and be getting her strenght back!
This has been so scary!!! And such an emotional roller coaster.. holy cow!! When I was up at Primary Childrens, my heart went out to ALL the families there, it broke my heart seeing all these helpless kids sick and hooked up to IV's :(.. Uh, My mom kept telling me.. Tash, its a good thing your not gonna be here longer because you couldnt handle it. And really I couldnt. I would have mini break downs in the bathroom. IT was so sad, and I pray for all the kids, and families there everyday!!
I am SOOOO thankful that Whitney is doing great, and that she is a fighter and made it through this! The Docs say that they usually see at least 2 or 3 of these sever sinus infections once a year, Which is so crazy.. I have never heard of this before!! And Im just thankful she got help as soon as she did!

                      FYI..She Would KILL me if she knew
                     I posted these pictures! So.. SHH!! ;)


This is her left side, were they had to do the 2nd surgery, the shaved more, and had to go more behind the ear to empty the pocket that was full of fluid.


The Right Side


I should take a NOW picture, because she has gained some of her weight and strength back. Her stitches are out, and her incesion looks amazing, she has life and color back into her! She looks my little Cork again. She is doing soo well, and such a trooper! She deffinatly had a few AMAZING angels looking after her :)!!
Love you Corky Pie. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sweet girl! :( So so glad everything is ok and she's back home. Those scary moments are just terrifying! You are a blessed family! Love ya cuz!!

    ReplyDelete