Saturday, May 21, 2011

3rd grade

3rd grade!!!!
 Well, as you know I am in the block this summer. And while in the block you have to student teach for a week. Well we went to Horizon Elementary which is in the middle of freakin NO where. I got lost the first day.. but it is surrounded by a cute little community!! Anyway I was assigned to Mrs. Wingers 3rd grade class. I observed Monday, then Tuesday-Thursday I taught. Winger was in the classroom Tuesday and just sorta observed me, then Wed and Thurs I was solo..on my own.. no teacher... and it was FABULOUS!!!! I so enjoyed it!!! The kids enjoyed it, and I wasnt as nervous as I thought I would have been. Its SOO much better teaching when you dont have the teachers there observing you, and you having to worry about if your doing it right, doing things ok, etc. I could be myself, bring out my personality the kids even liked it better because I engaged with them better. I took my time on the subjects and had discussion which was AWESOME!!! Because, you dont know how hard it is to come up with discussion, and questions when the teacher is there.. just of being scared if you dont ask the right questions. anyway.
I had to be mean at sometimes, which was fine because the students knew I "meant business". ;)! which you have to or the students will walk all over you. When it came time for me to leave and say good bye I actually got a little teary eyed. Each one of them left a print in my life, and they taught me so much!!! I loved it. The kids each had there own personalities, I had one little boy who started crying because he didnt understand the math I was teaching, well.. he wouldnt let me move on until he understood.. so I had to come up with different ways to try and teach it??? FINALLY mrs. winger helped me out (thank goodness). One little gal acted like she was in her 20's not even kidding!!! It was so funny..
Friday, my last day, Winger did most the teaching because there wasnt much to do, I said good bye, they all gave me hugs and begged me to stay. Im glad they liked me, and they actually learned from me. After this last LONG WEEK I am FOR SURE going into the right profession!!! and soon will be teaching!! (I hope)! ha!!!

....On a side note, I missed Boogs so much this week!! Long days, 7-5 everyday :(. When I got home I was tired, exhausted, worn out and all I wanted to do was snuggle with my boogie!!! Poor Brent, I had boogs sleep with us because I just wanted to snuggle him. lol!!! But, I am back to the original schedule this week! Yay!! Also, Boog turns 6 MONTHS on Tuesday!! Ill do a FULL update, he is growing so much its crazy!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! I know how hard it is to leave your baby and go to work. It's SO hard!

    ReplyDelete