Friday, September 18, 2009

Bottled Beans...

Ya know, I never really was a very good "homemaker" and I never really was interested in it. But, The older I got the more I wanted to do things.. Bottle beans, and peaches, maybe Corn, Make Quilts, and home made pies.. So, I decided the best way to do these things were to LEARN! And the best teacher would be my Grandma!!! plus, Someone has to carry on her traditions..
So, Tuesday I went to Diamond and helped my grandparents Bottle beans! and let me tell ya.. Its a long process, something I had no clue would be an all day thing!!!
We started by peeling the side of the beans, then cooked them on the stove then the bottling began. After we bottled them we put them in the Preasure Cooker and let them cook!! We did 2 batches in the pressure cooker!! It was a fun day, and I loved spending time with my grandparents!! Cant wait to see what is next on my grandmas "homemaker" list for me!! ;)!!








1 comment:

  1. Tash, you cute little mommy homemaker! So, AWESOME! I need to learn to do stuff like that...I suck. But congrats again on the anniversary! Love ya

    ReplyDelete