Monday, August 22, 2011

Mini Road Trip!

Well this past weekend Rydge, Carrie, Lilly and I road up to Springville for a wedding that was in Payson and a baby blessing that was in Orem!
We all loaded up Saturday early morning, and headed for SLC. Rydge, is NOT a great traveler, and I thought maybe if I bought him a booster seat he may like it better just for the fact he could see everything. well, I thought wrong! ha!!! He did better than I thought he would, but he still was a little fussy.. But, we made it! And I loved how Carrie and I got time to catch up, talk, and spend some time together since she was my Best Friend in HS. Anyway, we arrived in good timing, went to the Provo Mall and killed some time, met up with my grandparents at the hotel, and got ready!
The wedding was a college room mate of both Carrie and I. Brook!! The reception area was just gorgeouse, flowers everywhere, great set up..and yummy chocolate covered strawberrys but the best part was seeing Brook in her STUNNING wedding dress. Ah.. she made me cry!!! I was super excited I got to see her, and she looked amazing, and so happy!! I am so excited for her!! We stayed for a bit and visited.. I also saw Haley one of my other room mates and good friend!!! Who lives in hurricane and for some reason I havent seen her in forever!! We called it an early night, just for the fact we have drug 2 little kids around all day, and 2 moms who were ready to relax and sleep!!! Congrads again Brookie, I love you,and am SOOO stinkin happy for you!!!

The next morning, we slept in, had some breakfast, went for a little swim.. which Rydgey just loved! We got ready and headed to Orem for the baby blessing! We got to meet Declan, and I was so excited to see Jamie! (You look GREAT by the way!!!) and I got to love on him for a bit, and its so crazy to think Rydge was ever that tiny!! Seriously... made me a little sad. This weekend I did cry alot.. When Declan was getting blessed I started to cry, all I thought about was Rydge getting blessed and the feeling I had and I couldnt help but let the tears roll down my face! Such a great and exciting feeling, and I am so happy I was apart of that and could be there for John, Jamie and the little Cutie!
FYI: Dont you LOVE how Rydge is never looking at the camera.. his head is always turned! ..Really Boogs!
After the blessing we took a little detour and visited Carries grandparents for a little bit, While we were there, Rydge did get quit the shiner under his eye..through out the evening it turned purple, blue. poor guy! He had a little accident and hit the hard wood floors pretty hard! But, he was fine after some mama loves! Shortly afer that we headed for home!! Both kids fell asleep for the first 2 hours which was AWESOME! Then once we hit Beaver Rydge started whinning on and off till we came out of Cedar, then into the mountain about 30 min away from Etown he passed out, then there was Lilly who kept screaming Mom, and playing games!!! Carrie and I were so DONE! haha.. we were ready to be home!!!!!
It was a prettty fun, short trip!!! And were glad to see our friend get married, and our friends baby blessed. And spend time with my grandparents, and each other! It was quit the fun mini road trip!!!  Thank you Carrie and Lilly for going with us!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so fun tash! Ridge is so cute and it looks like he is going blonde!! What a stud.

    ReplyDelete